The imposter syndrome is real, and we’re here to talk about it.
I’d like to put out a call to all sound designers who want to contribute some thoughts to the next episode dealing with the imposter syndrome.
Here’s how to participate:
- Choose a topic:
- how industry or company culture influence creative insecurities
- how attempts to avoid failure affect the odds of failure
- comparing your own work to that of people with much more/less experience than you
2. Grab a mic
3. Collect your thoughts. (srsly, don’t skip this)
4. Introduce yourself
5. Discuss for about 5-10 minutes. This is both a long and a short length of time, so get to the heart of the issue quickly and dive in.
6. email a link to firstname.lastname@example.org
Submission deadline is midnight on March 31st. (We reserve the right to edit submissions for length or to exclude submissions.)
I’ll make my own contribution and then create a compilation episode out of what we get from you guys.
This is a real opportunity to get right into something that we all struggle with. Pick the subject that is the most difficult to discuss, and make your weakness into a strength!