René sits down with Gordon from A Shell In The Pit and freelancer Carlye Nyte to talk VR design and mixing.
Here’s an interview with Polyphonic Spree member, Tripping Daisy member, owner of Placid Audio and inventor of the Copperphone – Mark Pirro.
We hooked up his mics along side our normal podcasting mics for this one and kind of freestyle switched between them all as the interview wore on. It was great fun – enjoy!
These are my recordings made from a recent venture out into the protests outside a Trump Rally that came to Dallas. Enjoy!
The imposter syndrome is real, and we’re here to talk about it.
I’d like to put out a call to all sound designers who want to contribute some thoughts to the next episode dealing with the imposter syndrome.
Here’s how to participate:
- Choose a topic:
- how industry or company culture influence creative insecurities
- how attempts to avoid failure affect the odds of failure
- comparing your own work to that of people with much more/less experience than you
2. Grab a mic
3. Collect your thoughts. (srsly, don’t skip this)
4. Introduce yourself
5. Discuss for about 5-10 minutes. This is both a long and a short length of time, so get to the heart of the issue quickly and dive in.
6. email a link to firstname.lastname@example.org
Submission deadline is midnight on March 31st. (We reserve the right to edit submissions for length or to exclude submissions.)
I’ll make my own contribution and then create a compilation episode out of what we get from you guys.
This is a real opportunity to get right into something that we all struggle with. Pick the subject that is the most difficult to discuss, and make your weakness into a strength!